Click the badge above to listen on iTunes or arrow below to listen here.
Episode #18 marks the halfway point of our housing model series. Our guests have helped us understand the campus model (Episodes #13), the group home model (Episodes #15), and the host home model (Episode #17). This week we pause and reflect. Thus far, Kim has had 5 a-ha moments.
- Utilize a variety of models rather than just one
- Organizations providing housing need to have business savvy
- The state you live in makes a BIG difference
- Our adult children might do better with another caregiver
- Money matters
Mentioned in This Episode
click to be directed to web page
- State by state final rulings of the Home and Community Based Services waiver. Click here.
- State by state comparison of waiver programs and wait lists. Click here.
- The Lanterman Act, is a piece of legislation in California.
- Financial planning is important, click here for a 4 part informational series.
- There are several webinars and filmed conferences on housing. Here are a few you can watch from your couch: SFASA Vimeo Channel, Fred Conference
- To be a part of the LOMAH email list, click the banner below.