Click the badge above to listen on iTunes or arrow below to listen here.
If you have a loved one with a disability, you may have begun pondering where s/he will live as an adult. It doesn’t take long to realize there are a variety of options but not an abundance of them. Today we go over the models of care, share a must have resource, and suggest next steps to take in planning housing for your adult with special needs.
Mentioned in This Episode
click and be directed to the web page
- Accessory Dwelling Units a.k.a. Tiny Homes. This educational documentary series provides an in-depth, inside look into how a handful of cities from all over the country are making legal tiny housing and legal tiny house communities, a reality.
- The Autism Housing Network is a MUST visit website. Set up an account to track and tag information to revisit at any time. Utilize the varied search filters to find exactly what you are looking for. We can't recommend this resource enough.
- On the Autism Housing Network's website is an interactive map of existing housing around the country . To find intentional communities and other models, use the filter options.
- An organization called Parents Helping Parents has put together a tool kit for assisting in person center planning.
- HCBS information including state by state final ruling.